Having been featured on The Today Show and Lucky Magazine, among others, Moonrise is a women-owned company that places priority on fair trade materials, recycled materials, and ethically-obtained materials. What does this mean for you and me? It means we can wear this beautiful jewelry, knowing that it hasn't harmed the environment and that the individuals who provided the gemstones, metals and beads have been fairly compensated for their work. I don't know about you, but that makes me feel pretty darn good!
Every piece of jewelry is handmade in the Moonrise studio, based on the eastern shore of Virginia. I have to tell you - this company has some of the most stunning jewelry I've seen - absolutely PERFECT for gifts and for when you deserve a little treat of your own. Liz, the founder and principal designer, is so talented and friendly. She recently sent me a pair of Jupiter earrings to review and I'd like to share my thoughts with you.
The first thing I'll tell you is that the packaging the earrings came in is gorgeous! Anyone receiving a gift of Moonrise jewelry is going to be impressed...
I love this box - and it was beautifully wrapped in an elegant ribbon. Then, on the inside...
They say presentation is everything. Well, Moonrise already gets a 10 in that department! The gift box is absolutely gorgeous and I would be proud to give anyone a gift from Moonrise Jewelry. But, the packaging is only a small aspect, because the jewelry inside is truly what makes you swoon!
Can I just say - look at the gorgeous detail on the small silver beads and dividers!!! These Jupiter earrings are made from recycled glass, with fair trade fine silver links and sterling silver ear wires. I am absolutely in love with these earrings.
At first, I was a bit worried because they looked like they would be super-heavy, but they're not at all! They're just heavy enough to create that beautiful dangling when you move, and they really catch the eye and sparkle in the light. I wore these earrings to a large family dinner and received numerous comments and a request to borrow them!! Also, it was fun to tell people that they were made from recycled glass, because everyone was pretty impressed with that.
Here is something I really L.O.V.E. about Moonrise Jewelry - you can purchase pieces that coordinate perfectly! I am determined to get my hands on this Diamond Head necklace to match my earrings, and this matching bracelet is gorgeous too! If you have a birthday or special occasion coming up, drop by the Moonrise Jewelry shop and pick up something that will be cherished for many, many years to come.
Guess what...Liz has generously offered to send one of you your very own treasure from Moonrise Jewelry - a beautiful pair of recycled glass and fair trade silver Cherrystone Earrings - one of their most popular sellers!
You will cherish these if you keep them for yourself, and if you'd rather use them as a wonderful gift, the recipient will be thrilled!!
- How to Enter (Mandatory): Visit Moonrise Jewelry and browse through their gorgeous collection of items. Let me know what your absolute favorite is!
- Follow this blog publicly. (1 extra entry.)
- Become a fan of Moonrise Jewelry on Facebook. Leave a comment on the wall telling them 2 Lil Muffins sent you. (2 extra entries.)
- Sign up for Moonrise Jewelry's newsletter. (2 extra entries.)
- Subscribe to 2 Lil Muffins via email - over to the right of this post. (1 extra entry.)
- Enter any of the giveaways over at Champagne Wisdom and let me know which one. (1 extra entry.)
- Follow me on Twitter and tweet this giveaway. Can be done daily. Example "Win a pair of Moonrise Jewelry recycled glass Cherrystone earrings - http://tinyurl.com/ychoy4q" (2 extra entries.)
- Purchase an item from Moonrise Jewelry's store and let me know which one. (10 extra entries.)
I was sent an item at no charge to review, but was not monetarily compensated in any way for my review. My opinions are 100% honest and mine!