1. Tell us a little about yourself.
Well lets see, my birth name is Cynthia, which I changed to Cyndy and then about 6 years ago, changed to Cyd, which is what I go by now. So, I guess my name keeps getting shorter, who knows, I may eventually end up with just "C". (lol) I am a lover of all things nature related, I adore gardening, bird watching and just being outdoors as much as possible. I currently live in a forested area of Portland, Oregon, where it's very green and beautiful! I have also lived in both Arizona and Alaska. I am a long time self taught artist, I have worked with various mediums, including watercolor painting, tile/glass mosaics and now jewelry.
2. How long have you been designing jewelry?
I have been making jewelry really since I was a kid, I use to make beaded earrings and necklaces with my Mom. I got more serious about it 2 years ago when I opened my etsy shop. When I first opened my shop I was also running my gardening business, so I had 2 businesses going at the same time for awhile. After one year of selling on etsy, I was able to discontinue my gardening business and make jewelry full time, which was really great.
3. Where does your inspiration come from?
I get my inspiration from Nature, always nature! I am continually amazed by the natural world, and love nothing more than spending time being totally immersed in a rain forest, and seeing the abundance of life there, really love that!
4. Do you have a favorite piece?
Not really, but I am fond of the "Blue meadow Necklace" which is a newer design of mine.
5. What is the coolest thing about Botanical Bird designs?
The coolest thing, I would have to say is that by having my shop, it has allowed me to meet many online friends, which is really sweet, and it has also afforded me a certain amount of freedom in my life, and really what artist doesn't love that?
I love Cyd's shop - it's absolutely packed full of unique designs that are striking and bold, and very reminiscent of nature. I could close my eyes, choose an item and know that I'd be happy with it, no matter which one I chose - her stuff is that good! Today, Cyd has so generously offered to give one of you a beautiful piece from her shop.
"Here is a lovely Vintage Inspired Necklace, featuring two gorgeous creamy blue Amazonite beads, reminiscent of robin's eggs, along with a brass swallow, an antiqued gold leaf, and a tiny Czech glass flower bead, all on a delicate antiqued gold brass chain."
How to Enter: Visit Botanical Bird on Etsy, and let me know what your favorite item is.
- Follow this blog publicly. (1 Extra Entry.)
- Become a fan of Botanical Bird on Facebook and leave a message on her wall, letting her know 2 Lil Muffins sent you. (2 Extra Entries.)
- Tweet about this giveaway and leave the link. Can be done daily. (1 Extra Entry.)
- Grab my button and leave me the link to where it's at. (1 Extra Entry.)
- Purchase an item from the Botanical Bird shop on Etsy and let me know what you purchased. (10 Extra Entries.)