The jewelry looks so stunning and sophisticated, I would have never guessed at the gorgeous pieces that creators use to actually make it...the pieces like Julee from ImJewelee on Etsy makes. Great news!! One lucky reader and I are going to get the chance to try fabulous XO brand jewelry making supplies, because Julee has so wonderfully agreed to sponsor a giveaway! Like an absolute angel, she also agreed to tell us a little about herself and how she got into making jewelry pieces.
1. Tell us a little about yourself, Julee!
Hmmmm... a little? Oh that is so hard - I love to talk! Well, I am originally from Battle Creek, Michigan (Kellogg's home town) I love my family, my many many friends, and GOD! I love my life and live on a beautiful lake in a little country town.
I am a mom to one very sweet, beautiful, loving and funny daughter, a wife to a big huggy bear country man and the love of my life, the coolest substitute teacher as well as the owner of ImJewelee's which is almost famous for my Jewelry Findings Designer Line.
2. What made you decide to design jewelry pieces?
Oooo this is a long story, so I will try to make it short. My sister saw the scrabble tile necklaces on Etsy and said hey we can make those so we did and started selling them on Etsy. I found it hard to get the jewelry findings that would work well and not cost too much. So, I searched and searched and I finally found "my source" and then whamo a huge company asked me to cease sales of my bails and so of course I did.
Then I decided to develop and trademark my own line.. tada.. XO Brand™ of Designer Jewelry Findings was developed and I am loving that...story. It could have been a bad thing but being the positive and thinking of the best it has been an extraordinary adventure and continues to be one.
3. Whats your favorite kind of jewelry to wear?
I love to wear unique pieces that no one else has! A bunch of my customers occasionally send me pieces (thank you to them I have lots to choose from) and they are all very unique. When I don't have something to wear with a particular outfit I just get out my paints, papers, glitter, crystals, beads, crystals and XO Brand Bails and Pendant trays or bead bars and start creating. For New Years Eve I made a very cool XO Pendant Necklace.
I painted the crystal RED HOT RED under the crystal then placed some beautiful beads hanging down. Then I also made some matching earrings. When I made my pendants mine were very unique scrabble tiles and one was even featured on the front page of Etsy! The pendant had a rhinestone flower with a painted gloss black background, very striking if I do say so myself...ha.
4. What makes XO Brand products so awesome?
That one is easy! They are very sparkly, high quality and affordable to everyone! I am amazed at the workmanship that goes into each piece. When I designed them, I knew they had to be over the top, awesome and so very cool! I love the logo that I designed with my sister and we each own the trademarked items.
We each create different pieces to offer to our clients too! I can't quit creating either I have some new items coming in very soon and am so excited to design them and offer them! The X and the O of course is for hugs and kisses. The little j is for me (julee) and the little k is for my sister (kelly). XO Brand™ Jewelry Findings are contemporary, classic and cool! Try some XO Brand™ products today!
Julee is so sweet and talented - you can sense her excitement even reading her words on your computer screen! She was generous enough to offer one lucky reader the chance to win a jewelry making variety pack. (Click on the link to see it in the Etsy shop!)
The pack includes:
- 5 XO Bails™ - One in Each Color (Silver, Black, Gun Metal, Gold, Antique Gold) Create gorgeous pendants!
- 2 XO Charm Bails™ - Make Charm Bracelets, Pendants, Etc!
- 1 Pair of XO Earrings™ with Posts and Backs - Make a Beautiful Pair of Earrings with These!
- 2 Silver Plated XO Rings™ - Make a Chunky and Funky or Pretty and Elegant Ring!
- 2 Interchangeable XO Bead Bars™ - LOVE THESE - you can change up your beads to match your clothing, the season, holiday, etc! It's like having hundreds of pieces of jewelry in one!
- How to Enter: Visit the ImJewelee Etsy Shop and look around. Let me know what kinds of jewelry making goodies you'd love to try! (1 Entry)
- Subscribe to 2 Lil Muffins via email and confirm your subscription. (1 Entry)
- Purchase anything from the ImJewelee shop. (5 Extra Entries Per Purchase)
- Favorite or Heart any of the ImJewelee items, come back here and let me know which one. (1 Entry)
- Follow me on Twitter and tweet about this contest. Example, 'Win an XO Brand jewelry making variety pack - http://tinyurl.com/ydr4h3l' (2 Entries and you can do this daily!)
- Follow this blog publicly. (1 Entry)
- Comment on one of the few non-giveaway posts on this blog! (1 Entry)
- Refer your friends and family here! For every referral (they must enter this contest and follow this blog), you get 5 extra entries. Simply have them put your name and email address in their first comment...then you may use up your 5 entries!