What brings me joy?
- Finding a hand-written letter in the mailbox from a friend or loved one (as long as they're not asking for money.)
- That moment during a great meal when I'm comfortably full and satisfied (just before things start to get uncomfortable because I've taken a few bites that I really didn't need.)
- Chocolate (covering cherries, drizzled over granola bars, in milk, in coffee, in cake-form, dark and light, baked in cookies, and pretty much every other way. I don't really discriminate.)
- My Children (even when they're trying to kill each other, embarrassing me in public, asking for insanely expensive electronic items, and refusing to go to sleep.)
- The Love of My Life (even when he's embarrassing me in public, asking for insanely expensive electronic items, and refusing to go to sleep.)
- Fantastic books (especially ones that allow me to pretend I'm a butt-kicking half-vampire, apocalypse survivor, governess at an estate with a ruggedly handsome master who's hiding a crazy wife in the other wing of the mansion, parter of the mists that lead to a secret island, or other such delicious things.)
- Writing (and envisioning my name on the New York Times bestseller list.)
There you have it...so, what brings you joy?
This post is part of SOYJOY‘s What brings you joy contest. Learn more here.”