I am a complete sucker for romance movies, or as Mr. Muffin says, 'chick flicks.' I adore the moments when you think the couple just isn't going to make it...only to find out that love will persevere no matter what! I live for a happy ending, and romance movies - whether they're comical, dramatic, or somewhere in between - are my absolute favorite. That's why I thought a Valentine's Day Lovey Dovey Movie Contest would be really fun! First, let's take a look at what the winner will receive:
This memory wire bracelet features red, black and clear glass beads, with dangling red hearts at both ends! It's a really pretty bracelet that you can keep for yourself or give to someone you care for as a Valentine's present! Here's another look:
So - how do we play? Here are the rules.
I'm going to give you hints for my TOP 5 FAVORITE lovey dovey movies. The first person to guess ALL the movies correctly wins the bracelet! Every other day, I'll add more hints if no one has guessed correctly. Obviously, we have to end the contest in time for the winner to get the bracelet, so if I'm a really BAD hint giver and no one guesses before February 3, I'll use Random.org to choose a winner!
Put your guesses all in 1 comment, please! You can guess DIFFERENT movies and leave more than one comment, but please have all 5 movie guesses in one comment. Also, it's not mandatory to follow my blog or do anything extra, but if you don't follow my blog or follow me on twitter, please do so now!! Include an email address in your comments if it's not in your profile, so I can contact you if you win! This contest is for US and Canadian residents only! HERE WE GO!
HINTS FOR MOVIES:
1. The handsome hunk in this movie has a southern accent that is irresistible...and a few minutes into the movie, his leading lady has an accent to match! Think lightning bugs...
2. What is more romantic than poetry? The gorgeous man in this movie loves poetry! In fact, as a child he read poetry out loud to get over his 'stammer.' Think birds with this one...
3. We're probably ALL familiar with the story, but this movie does things a little differently. Sure, some of the lines are the same, but everything else has been modernized. Think guns instead of swords...
4. In this movie, the goal at the beginning is not to FIND love, but to scare it away - at least for the pretty lady, anyway. Too bad love won't take no for an answer. Think house plants and tissues *giggle*...
5. Ok - this one is my current favorite lovey dovey movie. It could be because this one is probably based on a true story, or so we think. Also, the leading actor is completely and totally SCRUMPTIOUS. Did I mention that in real life he has a Scottish accent, which is HOT??? The movie is about one of my absolute favorite women of all time, although she was dead long before I was born. Think books with this one...
That's it! Good luck guys. Feel free to tell me YOUR favorite lovey dovey movies too!
UPDATE: As soon as someone gets the right answer, I'll close comments so you'll know. Otherwise, assume the contest is still going!!
UPDATE #2: WOW - that was super fast! We have a winner...the answers were:
1. Sweet Home Alabama
2. The Notebook
3. Romeo + Juliet
4. How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days
5. Becoming Jane
Congratulations Marci! I'll send an email just to make sure you know you won - and of course, you'll have 48 hours to respond with a mailing address. This contest was FUN - I am going to have to think of another, harder one!!!