PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Jan 28, 2010

Etsy Spotlight: WhimsyCouture

Welcome to our very 1st Etsy Spotlight! I'm really excited about the first seller - she is so talented! She runs a shop selling patterns to make adorable clothes for children and adults - and I saw more than clothes too. I'm talking boots, mittens, and a ton of other things. Denise, from Whimsy Couture has not only offered to answer some questions for us, but as you'll see at the end of this post, she has generously offered something exclusively for 2 Lil Muffins readers! Here's a little more about Denise...

How do you create these patterns, and what is the inspiration?

Since I started sewing a long time ago it comes natural to me to work with all kinds of patterns and get frustrated sometimes about how confusing some of the commercial ones are. I started learing to make patterns from a pattern-making course! I got interesting insights in all of this and did my part to learn the necessary things to actually start making patterns.

I measure a lot, I compare a lot and I sew a lot until a pattern "sits" right! Then I have wonderful pattern testers that give me the last needed OKAY so I feel confident offering them to the public. My inspiration lays in all things around me, my kids, the nature, the wonderful fabric that's available!


Is this something you do in your spare time or are you able to devote all of your time to creating beautiful patterns?

It started taking up my spare time and evolved to a (almost) full time job. Luckily my family is very supportive and enjoys seing my creations and what my customers make with my patterns.

Tell us a little about your family and where you live!

I try to keep my family very private but so much I will share: I have 2 kids under the age of 6 and a wonderful husband and dog who all need to be there for me to function just right! We live in the outskirts of Washington D.C. and love it!

So what is the coolest thing about Whimsy Couture patterns?


Well, my customers say that they are easy to read and to use. That my pictures are very helpful and the fit is great! Thank you, customers!


So, a novice (like me - haha) could create the clothing from these patterns, then?

Most of my patterns are very easy to follow and a novice sewer will be able to achieve a pretty garment with a little effort. Some patterns are a little more detailed and it would be helpful if the sewer has already gained some experience in that area.

What's your favorite of all of your patterns?

I don't have a favorite but I do like kids clothing patterns the best since I sew for my little ones a lot!

How long have you been creating patterns?


Since about 1 year! Before that I offered custom clothing for kids which I started doing again. I love sewing and I guess I just can't get enough. ;)

I can't believe how talented this woman is. Be sure to visit her shop and check out the great things you can make - like the Mommy and Me Pillowcase Tops or the Boys adorable pants. If you like to sew, this is going to be your new favorite shop! And now, Denise has a great deal for 2 Lil Muffins readers...

**************ETSY SPOTLIGHT EXCLUSIVE OFFER****************

From now until February 4, 2010 all 2 Lil Muffins readers can BUY 2 GET 1 FREE at Whimsy Couture's shop. Just purchase two patterns at regular price and you get one of equal or lesser value free. Just mention this blog and the free offer at the time of checkout and Denise will take care of you! Also, be sure to follow her blog so you can receive exclusive deals and discounts there too. Tell her I sent you over.

Thank you to Denise for being wonderful enough to answer all of my questions and to offer such a great deal to you guys! We love comments, so let us know what you think about the shop - which patterns do you love and what would you like to see more of? Also, stay tuned for next week's Etsy Spotlight when I'll bring you into another great Etsy shop. In the meantime, check out the current giveaways.

0 comments:

Post a Comment